Another year

Gosh, I guess I have been meaning to come here more often than I actually did. Well, the reason for that is really being too busy with life and living. Pensive moments tend to be negative for me and I really don't want this space to become a space that I dump dark thoughts into.

So anyway here's a rather light moment. It's my birthday in 2 days and I'm looking forward to a nice dinner and quiet time spent with Ek and our friends. And today is Friday so there's the weekend all wide open for us.

I'm not gonna do one of these 'take stock of my life' posts; suffice to say I'm in a good place right now, and I'm gonna remind myself to be thankful for that.

I'm loving the youthful energy I see around me everyday at work. And the fact I'm learning so much while I contribute to others' learning. And having a structure's ain't bad for me. Never thought I would thrive in such a structured environment. But wait, thriving or not, it's kinda too early to tell. Being the best I am, and doing work that means something to me. All that is gold.

Life is so full of things we want to do and whatever we pick, there's something we'll miss out on. So for now, this is the best for me. Haha, I've always been greedy, wanting to try it all. And I suppose in many ways, I have.

Of course there have been moments that vexed me so much I was tempted to explore an exit option (once an escapist; always an escapist). And I'm no longer that sharpened saw. My work ethic has changed so much that I am afraid my colleagues will think I have really low standards. So I need to balance that with pushing for excellence in strategically chosen projects. They say pick your battles; I add and your strives. Lol!

I know no workplace is perfect, and it's always the people you work with who can make or break a working environment. I've realized my people management skills have not improved m, but hey my confidence has. So I'm dealing with tensions much better. *shakesdustoffshoulderstylishly

Since this space is one of the things I wanna continue to develop, I shall make a plan for the posts that I will write:

- Birthday dinner (les amis, no less!)
- Zhangjiajie (yay! counting down, leaving in exactly 2 weeks' time)


No comments: