Movie memories

When I was about 9 or so, my parents found themselves alone with me on a stray Saturday evening. Both of my sisters were in their teens and had successfully gotten themselves out of my parents' line of sight that day. Papa suggested we watch a movie and off to town we went. It might have the first or second time I'd been to the cinema. I remember being hyper aware that that was how being an only light have felt. The movie was crocodile Dundee and we stopped at the snack bar before we got seated. Papa asked me if I wanted anything to eat and I chose a pack of famous Amos cookies. It cost five dollars and papa paid without flinching. That was is 1986 and five dollars meant more than it sides now. We were not wealthy.  It by a long shot. But papa was never one to feel the pinch of spending money. 

No comments: